Our Vision for Weld RE-5J Students
The mission and vision of the Weld RE-5J School District is to ensure our students are:
- Able to achieve high expectations.
- Set up for success and are prepared for college and/or career.
- Proud of where they came from and where they went to school.
- Life-long learners.
We aspire to be a district that:
- Is guided by shared goals and a shared vision for educating our children.
- Demonstrates excellence at every level.
- Is fiscal and resource-responsible.
- Seeks and invests in the most capable and talented staff.
To ensure the future we envision for our students, our goals are to:
- Share stories of success that align with our vision and shine a positive light on our students and schools.
- Cultivate a collaborative culture among board, leadership, buildings, staff, students, and parents.
- Align curriculum, instruction, and professional development.
- Conduct continuous improvement conversations based on assessments and evaluations that allow us to take stock of what is effective / ineffective.
- Energize and engage our entire community in becoming an active part of the education process
- Communicate with stakeholders about how they can support us.
Our Vision in Action
Priority Area: Accountability for Student Success
- The Board of Education utilizes benchmark data to set educational goals for Weld RE-5J schools.
- District leadership directs K-12 instructional practices.
Priority Area: Community Engagement
- The Board of Education strives to increase the visibility and accessibility of the school board.
- By the end of the 2017-2018 school year, the Board of Education will hold two community forums to present information, gather feedback, and strengthen relations with the community at large.
- All Board of Education members will visit every school at least once per school year.
- District leadership will issue a quarterly newsletter to parents and community members with important updates and information regarding our schools. To sign up to receive the district’s newsletter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Priority Area: Resource Management
- The Board of Education will engage in the 2018 legislative session to advocate on behalf of Weld RE-5J School District and to increase state-level district funding.
- The Board of Education will align the 2018-2019 fiscal resources with student success targets with the 2018-2017 district budget.
- The Board of Education will diligently and carefully consider 2018 bond and mill levy override ballot issues. The Board of Education will play a lead role in informing the community about the district’s funding needs.
- District leadership will develop and present a 2018-2019 professional learning plan aligned to instructional priorities.
- Updates on district spending will be included in the district’s quarterly newsletter.